Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Hello!  Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I have a lot to be thankful for, I thought I'd throw in this quick card made with an old Stampin Up set, Little Layers II.  I've been fretting over the composition of a Christmas card for over a week now so this was a nice break - a clean and simple card.  The background is stamped with Apricot Appeal and Pumpkin Pie on a peach colored cardstock and mounted on Early Espresso.   The pumpkin is colored with "mixed media" - Copics, Prismacolor markers, and colored pencils.  I didn't seem to have the right shades in any one category.  I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture, but the pumpkin is covered with Glossy Accents.  A nice chocolate ribbon from JoAnn's and a corner punch on the inside cardstock and it's done!  And the bonus was, I got an order for eight of them.  Who would have thought?


2 comments:

  1. Like this card, very simple. Also like the inside with the punch work, very cool! Congrats on the order too!
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reminder for creating pretty backgrounds which lend to a classy card! Very pretty - thank you!

    ReplyDelete