Monday, January 30, 2012

Chardonnay

This is another of Sparkle N Sprinkle's newest sets called Chianti, but I made it into Chardonnay instead.  I'm a white wine kind of person, even though I know red wine is better for you.  If you want to see all the possibilities for this stamp set, you'll have to check out the fabulous cards the rest of the Design Team at Sparkle N Sprinkle has come up with (click here).  I used my watercolor pencils since I'm still in the practicing stage with Copics (someday I will surprise you).  The picture in the center is from a set of digital scrapbooking papers by Silvia Romeo called Scenic Papers - Italy.  I love the subtle tones on this - reminds me of an old painting.  I left the sentiment off this card so that I can add that later for the appropriate occasion.  I think it could be used for almost any occasion.  The glitter on the edges of the card is Sparkle N Sprinkle's Gold Dust, which looks almost brown on this card.   It seems to add an elegance to the card.  Complete directions can be found at Sparkle N Sprinkle here.
Thanks for looking!
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Stampin with the Dragon - anything goes
Scrap, Stamp & Doodle  - anything goes
Truly, Madly, Crafty - anything goes

13 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm back in Sienna looking at this card, Gerlinde. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful colors, Gerlinde! You've outdone yourself with the glitzy frame and wonderful layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! So soft and classy! Thanks for joining us at Stamping with the Dragon!
    Cheryl First
    Stamping Dragon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerlinde this is beautiful! And awesome idea to put the picture of Italy in the center surrounded by the wine, that is fabulous! PS, I prefer white over red too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous and beautiful card love the image and colors.Everything is so pretty.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you incorporated an Italian scene in the background. Very cool. Thanks for playing in paper w/ us at Paper Playtime!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft colors and your Italian scene in the background is like looking thru a window!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how it almost looks like a 3d picture in the background. Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, how perfect the wine set goes with the scrapbooking paper. The frame is very striking also a great compliment to the whole card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Relaxing! Thank you for sharing - from your sponsor-friends at CropStop.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thanks for joining us on SSDS - hope to see you again soon! Love the coloring!
    :)
    Tammy, SSDS DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the scene in the window on the card! How clever! Makes me wish I was there, sipping on the lovely glass on wine on your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are very special. TRUE ARTIST!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete